- adjectivehaving a high price (Freq. 2)-
much too dear for my pocketbook-
a pricey restaurant• Similar to: ↑expensive• Derivationally related forms: ↑price (for: ↑pricy), ↑price (for: ↑pricey), ↑dearness (for: ↑dear), ↑cost (for: ↑costly), ↑costliness (for: ↑costly)
* * *adjexpensive, dear, costly, exorbitant, excessive, extortionate, high, pricey, unreasonableCOLLOQ. steep, stiff≠ cheap
* * *▶ adjective EXPENSIVE, costly, dear; overpriced, exorbitant, extortionate; Brit. over the odds; informal pricey, steep, stiff.
* * */huy"pruyst"/, adj.[1785-95]
* * *highˈ-pricedˈ adjectiveCostly• • •Main Entry: ↑high
* * *high-priced «HY PRYST», adjective.
* * *ˌhigh-ˈpriced [high-priced] adjective usually before nounexpensive
high-priced housing/carsOpp: low-priced
Useful english dictionary. 2012.